Everyone wants a banging body with no skin blemish. In a world where appearance matters, people put everything in place to keep their bodies intact. Cellulite is one of the skin conditions that can affect everyone, particularly women. This condition has no regard for body shape, skin color, or body size.
Although cellulite on the body is normal and does not pose any health risk, most people prefer to get rid of it. Those who cannot get rid of it put in the effort to make it less noticeable. Cellulite can be found in various parts of the body, and the stomach is one of the most vulnerable locations.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to get rid of cellulite on the stomach; perfect skin and a banging body is everyone’s dream anyway. So, are you struggling to get rid of cellulite on your stomach? You are not alone as we share in your worries. This article will take you through natural and safe ways of getting rid of cellulite on the stomach.
What is Cellulite?
First off, it is essential to precisely understand what cellulite means to be sure of the condition. So, what is cellulite?
Cellulite is a dimpled skin that looks like an orange peel. It is a noticeable fat deposit beneath the skin. Cellulite can be found on various parts of the body, including buttocks, hips, thighs, and stomach (general areas with high fatty tissues).
Cellulite is not limited to a particular body type. It can manifest in anyone regardless of body shape, size, weight, color, or sex. As stated earlier, cellulite itself on the stomach does not pose any health risk. It only indicates excessive fat deposits under the skin.
Common Causes of Cellulite on the Stomach
Identifying the root cause of a problem will provide better insight into the solution. Let’s take a quick look at the common causes of cellulite on the stomach before exploring how to get rid of it.
The primary cause of cellulite is the deposit of fatty tissue deep in the skin. These tissues consequently press up against the connective tissues. However, this sequence of action is triggered by certain conditions. Below are some of the common causes of cellulite on the stomach.
- Age: Cellulite becomes noticeable in individuals, particularly women, as they age. This condition becomes apparent as the skin becomes thinner with age. It is more common in individuals in their 30s and above.
- Diet: Diet affects most of the health conditions in humans, and cellulite is not an exception. Lack of rich antioxidants, plant foods, and water can cause the skin to lose collagen. Loss of collagen in the body will make cellulite more apparent.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy in women causes a lot of hormonal and body changes. Increased weight and protruded stomach during this period can cause the body to develop cellulite. Likewise, an increase in the estrogen level can also cause trigger cellulite to appear.
- Family History: Although there is no proof that cellulite on the stomach is genetic, there is a higher vulnerability for individuals with a family history. If your parents have cellulite, there is a high probability that you will have a similar condition at an earlier age.
- Weight Fluctuations: A lot of factors cause weight fluctuations. Regardless of its cause, extreme weight gain and weight loss can cause the skin to stretch. Thus, leading to the accumulation of larger fat cells beneath the skin.
- Inflammation: The effect of inflammation on cellulite is similar to that of weight fluctuations. It can also affect the body’s connective tissue to enhance the rise of cellulite.
Effective Ways to Get Rid of Cellulite on the Stomach
If you genuinely want to get rid of cellulite on the stomach, this will be the end of your struggles. Despite its prevalence, getting rid of cellulite is not rocket science. You don’t even have to use harsh chemicals that can damage your skin.
However, you shouldn’t be carried away with the glamorous adverts of various products that claim to help you get rid of cellulite. Have it at the back of your mind that you can only try. No method, product, or chemicals can guarantee the complete removal of cellulite.
Likewise, you have to be consistent with whichever method you choose, but the use of harsh chemical products is never advisable. Getting rid of cellulite will not happen overnight. It takes time and relentless effort. It’s worth it anyway!
Below are some practical and safe ways to get rid of cellulite on the stomach.
- Exercises: Exercises are one of the best ways to get rid of cellulite. Since cellulite is a result of excess deposition of fats, regular exercises will help in weight loss. You can use various cardiovascular exercises to get rid of this condition. Increasing the intensity of these cardiovascular exercises as you grow stronger will help a lot.
Some of the activities that can help you get effective results include; jogging, running, swimming, bike riding, dancing, rowing, and working out on an elliptical machine. You can also try movements like planks, side planks, dead bug lifts, crunches, and bicycle crunches.
- Laser Treatment: Laser treatment is also useful in getting rid of cellulite. It will make cellulite unnoticeable. It works by tightening the skin around the stomach and improving the blood flow. It also thickens the skin and reduces the amount of fatty tissue to make cellulite less dimply.
- Eat Healthy Diet: Eating skin-friendly foods is a passive way of getting rid of cellulite. Anti-inflammatory nutrition and foods rich in antioxidants will reduce inflammation and tighten the skin. Drinking enough water will also prevent dehydration that can make cellulite noticeable on the stomach.
- Exfoliate Skin With Coffee: A homemade coffee scrub can help you get rid of cellulite. Applying the scrub will generally help you improve the appearance of your skin.
- Use Body Wraps: Body wraps usually contain essential oils that are beneficial to the skin. Heated body wraps accompanied by precise and professional massage will help you get rid of cellulite in a few days.
Other effective treatment of cellulite includes;
- Vacuum-assisted tissue release
- Acoustic wave therapy
Frequently Asked Questions About Cellulite
Do you need more clarification? Below are some of the frequently asked questions about cellulite.
What foods cause cellulite on the stomach?
The primary category of foods that might enhance the presence of cellulite on the stomach is junks. These foods include cheese, pizza, refined carbs, processed meats, and other sugary snacks and beverages.
Can drinking water reduce cellulite?
Drinking water is a low cost and a passive option for reducing cellulite. It helps you to stay hydrated, which is helpful for the skin.
Can I be skinny and still have cellulite?
Of course! You can be skinny and still struggle with cellulite. It merely means you are skinny fat because you have more fat than muscle mass.
A Final Word From Wellness Nova
Having cellulite on the skin is not a life-threatening condition. It can happen to anybody, anytime. There are ways to get rid of cellulite or make it less noticeable, to say the least—natural methods like exercises for weight loss and drinking water to stay hydrated work well. It is equally essential to avoid using harsh chemicals on your skin.